Pages

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Last year was Nintendo's 25th anniversary of the Zelda franchise.To celebrate ign.com asked artists from around the globe to reinterprate the classic enemies that Link has fought against.
I chose the Moblin character as I wanted to create something inbetween the dog/pig/orc versions.I decided to create the creature in 3d so that I could pose him for different shots.
Creating him was a great learning experience(especially trying to get 40 million polys from a 32 bit operating system)in sculpting,painting and patience .But it was also the most rewarding work I've done to date.
                                                    Here are some shots of the big guy!



            
          The other character I chose was the Gleeok dragon.I will post the Gleeok in a few days.

                                       http://uk.ign.com/lists/zelda-villains/moblin-mark-beer

No comments:

Post a Comment